Monday, September 21, 2009

Any day now

Our new arrival is due any day now.
Tomorrow to be precise but as our doctor points out this could mean now, tomorrow, the day after, the day after that....etc. It is very clear to me that nature really is still in its embryonic stages (forgive the pun), if it really was up to speed and a modern 21st Century version the doctor would send me a meeting invite in Outlook and 15mins before a reminder would pop up on my screen. I could then arrange work around our bundle of joys arrival and we would make our way to the delivery room safe in the knowledge we still had time. No keeping the mobile phone on high and well, frankly, just waiting. Jen is spending her days keeping busy but having spent the last 25 years working to deadlines and outlook meetings "he will come when he is ready" doesn't quite hit the mark. The house has never been cleaner, I eat like a king every day and my beer is nicely chilled by the time I arrive home. She is already sick of my questioning and I would assume equally sick of our friends questioning.
One day he will arrive and the house will quite quickly return to its normal state, the quality of my food will reduce (or worse still be prepared by yours truly) and my beer will still be in the crate in the garage when I get home. At some point some clever beardy man will have a eureka moment and find the timeliness gene or cell and add some predictability into the process but until that time I will enjoy this hiatus from normality and continue to live like a king.
For how long?.... only nature knows

No comments:

Post a Comment